CureZone   Log On   Join
More on Sorghum Molasses

plzchuckle Views: 21,540
Published: 12 y

This is a reply to # 2,009,287

More on Sorghum Molasses

we decided to provide the sorghum since i had mentioned it and so many had asked. it is a rare product similiar to maple syrup, in that it has a season and when it is gone, it is gone.

we got 100 gallons from one of the largest amish familys in the country, they have made 1500 to 2,000 gallons for generations and this year they made 1,600. i doubt if the whole state of ohio produced that much!

it goes fast @ $29.95 a gallon, that was probably too cheap, but so be it. we called and asked for another 100 gallons and it was gone! all he had left was 1/2 gallon jugs and we said send us what you have and he was glad that his season is now over with, we wiped him out.

many good things are not common now, fewer and fewer do maple syrup and fewer do sorghum, it is all very hard work with very, very little pay in return, it is a hobby to all i have talked to and they laugh out loud whe you ask them if they make any money doing it.

i like the sorghum better than maple syrup for the $$$, but the deep root of the tree makes the maplesyrup a valuable product when done correctly.

i have had many people ask about maple syrup and it is a very small season and if conditions are not right, there is no run of sap and no syrup.

i have a few sources and that totals less than 300 gallons between them all and i like 50 gallons a year for what i do. "if" a person can't get the good stuff local and wants the old fashion pure stuff, i suggest they speak up early and i can put my order in a month or 2 in advance.

those that want sorghum should speak up in the next 30 days because it will be all gone till next october real soon.

this same amish family makes jelly and jam with no sugar. they use grape juice and make many flavors, they retail for $2.75 each. so far i just open the lid and eat, it taste like sweet fruit right off the tree or bush, a meal in a jar as far as i am concerned! they come by the case and can be mixed and matched, i am debating on rathur i should resale these to others than local because of the shipping issues, $2.75 is not bad, but when you ad shipping most may think it is too much. i personally believe i could about live on these jellies and jams, also a great back up food during germ warfare or war times! a jar a day would support life.

i can imagine 1 jar breaking and making a mess, so i am debating if i should even bother with shipping! any ideas out there??

blessings to all,

mh

MH's Curezone Forum:

Ask Barefoot Herbalist

MH's Website:

The School of Self-Applied Prevention

Jody's Store for Barefoot's Herbs and Formulas:

Store

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

2.563 sec, (2)