CureZone   Log On   Join
Old Herbalist

plzchuckle Views: 21,020
Published: 11 y

This is a reply to # 2,054,640

Old Herbalist

There has been some really great herbalist in past history and in doing research for the unlimited amish health problems, I had to dig back through the old herbals and not the medical books that I enjoy the most, which concentrate more on "fasting" and proper diet.

In doing so, there are 2 things that I always keep my eyes on, too thin formulas and too fat formulas.

I have seen one seed mentioned in several books through the years for gaining weight and have only used it one time many years ago for a poor kid. I read of one herb that sounded amazing and the author was very famous and had a HUGE world wide herbal business and even more amazing, even though it was nearly 100 years ago, he seemed to have been using all of the so called "new" discovery herbs by these world traveling medical doctors of the past 20 years and this long past dead author was using medical names for how bacterium and the such worked in the body, that medical seemed to just learn of in the past 25 years......which in my opinion, gives the fellow a lot of credibility.....the sad thing is, even though he had a huge business, one of the largest.....his history is all but erased.....no family continued and worst of all, he had many / many of his private formulas that he never gave a single clue as to what herbs were used, UNLESS you purchased a box from him and THEN YOU LEARNED his secret herbs..........and I noticed this, in the info he does disclose of his formulas, he always used LONG AGO Indian type names and not any of the common names, which makes finding a common name a nightmare sometimes, because between Indian names and the many common names, it can be hard to figure out what herb he was talking about, because he was TRYING TO PROTECT his business from all the copy cats......like me and anyone else that wants to make a formula based on what someone else discovered in history.

The fattening herb from indian history claims it can put good weight on those that were forever too thin, while there is an equal herb that had fame of taking weight off the fat people or in both cases, originally seen of animals that were forced to live on land where those herbs were dominant and then humans tried the same herbs, etc...it ended up after I tracked down his secret, it was a common herb growing on my hillsides that animals love to eat.....his book has dozens of herbs that he uses names that no one else uses.....pretty tricky and also VERY SMART...........I wish I had a box of every formula he sold 100 years ago, I think I actually have a couple of his boxes (antiques) in a box put up somewhere....THIS is what happens when you start looking at herbs as your medicines and not for "PREVENTION" which is what I prefer to use herbs for. PREVENTION is simple, compared to TREATMENT which can be a nightmare.

Dr. Christopher was educated in the medical use of over 2,000 herbs and settled on the use of less than 100 of which were non toxic at most any dose. I think in every country, maybe 20 herbs would be considered the herbs of general use.

It would be amazing to have herbs that would make a fat person "normal" and herbs that would make thin people "normal".....but getting such people to use such herbs properly, would be near impossible......few to NONE ever want to use herbs properly, they all want to use herbs as though it was a miraculous drug that you pop a couple capsules and all their problems would vanish and they can remain on the same diet and do the same habits....and naturally, the tax payer / insurance company must pay for the product and no $$$ out of pocket......just like the Cell Phone companies today that supply the welfare people with a free phone an free 250 minutes per month as long as the tax payer pays all the bills.......the government is turning each new generation into the "GIVE ME" people....give it to me free, send it to me free..aka, the american dream....

IF PEOPLE WANT TO LIVE, they BETTER be doing the research, experimenting, finding their solution and not depending upon others to do it for them...

MH

MH's Curezone Forum:

color="#ff9900">Ask Barefoot Herbalist

MH's Website:

The School of

Self-Applied Prevention

Jody's Store for Barefoot's Herbs and Formulas:

color="#ff9900">Store

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

1.938 sec, (3)