Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
plzchuckle Views: 5,551
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,127,747

Thai Veggie Curry

Karen Knowler

http://www.therawfoodcoach.com

One of the most common "If I went raw I'd miss ...." examples has to be "CURRY!". Well, my first raw curry was self-designed in January 2002 - I remember it well as a week later I found out I was pregnant and had one of those "oh, so that's why!" moments. Today I'm sharing with you a curry sauce that would work wonderfully with just about any raw veggie concoction you care to chop up! (See end for suggestions to work with). So if you fancy something fresh and raw but "substantial" this weekend, bag yourself a Thai curry kit (99p in Tesco) and stoke up your inner fire with this hot and saucy recipe!

Ingredients:

Makes enough sauce to accompany 2 large helpings of veggies

* 2 avocados

* 2 (dried) lime leaves

* 1/4 - 1/2 fresh chili

* 1 teaspoon of lime juice

* 2 cm of lemon grass stem

* 1.5cm cube of fresh ginger

* 1/2 loosely packed cup of fresh coriander

* 1/2 - 1 cup of pure water (depends on how creamy and thick you like it)

* 1/2 Tablespoon of curry powder

Directions

1) Simply blend all ingredients together, either in a blender or food processor until everything is fully blended. Taste test. Add more water if you'd like it runnier. Add more lemon, a tomato and/or avocado if it's too hot.

RAW COACH'S TOP TIPS:

* Great veggies (all finely chopped or cubed) to pour the sauce over include: Cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms, green beans, peas, sugarsnap peas, courgette (zucchini), asparagus tips, tomatoes, cucumber.

* To improve/ soften texture of your veggies you can either marinade them for a while in olive oil, lemon juice and a little Himalayan salt and drain before coating with sauce, or, after marinating for a short while, dehydrate them at around 110 deg F for a few hours to get them soft, warm and slightly mushy!

* To make "rice" simply put in a couple of parsnips or some cauliflower into your food processor and process until rice-like pieces are formed. Even if you don't like either on their own (I am *really* not a fan of raw parsnip!), by the time you have added your veggies and sauce, you won't even be able to tell what the rice is and you'll feel as if you're eating a much "rounder" meal.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

1.105 sec, (2)