CureZone   Log On   Join
Image Embedded Avocado Pit

plzchuckle Views: 5,761
Published: 11 y

This is a reply to # 2,127,017

Avocado Pit

* The total antioxidant capacity and phenolic content of edible portions and seeds of avocado, jackfruit, longan, mango and tamarind were studied. … The seeds showed a much higher antioxidant activity … than the edible portions. The contribution of all the fruit seed fractions to the total antioxidant activity … was always more than 70%. Source

* Avocado seed contains relatively low amounts of calcium and magnesium, somewhat higher amounts of phosphorus, and high amounts of potassium.” Source

* The seed of the avocado contains tannins, and these make it bitter or "puckery" to the taste. And some of the tannins can be mildly toxic, though an individual would have to eat a lot to see any effects, unless that individual had a food allergy . Source

* Dr. Tom Wu: When I eat the avocado I always eat the seed. It is packed with very good nutrients. It has the life force. It is a very high Qi food! It’s also the highest in soluble fiber. This soluble fiber binds to the fat and excess cholesterol. Then we can lower cholesterol and improve heart function naturally. We can improve the blood circulation by pulling out all the fatty deposits in our circulatory system with the soluble fiber of the avocado seed. Soluble fiber is very difficult to get in our diet. Oatmeal has some, but it cannot compare with the avocado seed. Any heart disease patient must eat the avocado including the seed. Source

Avocado seed is not as hard as it seems. Cut it while it is still inside of avocado, together with the whole avocado. I think it could be blended only in high-speed blenders. As a precaution, add ½ an avocado seed to your smoothie through the opening in the blender lid, while your blender is already blending.

Based on these and other facts, I concluded that adding avocado seed in small proportion can be beneficial for nutritional needs. Also I have noticed that it helps to make a consistency of some smoothies less frothy, as in case with green smoothie that contains apples, cucumbers, or pineapples. I like to add ½ half avocado seed per 32 oz of most of my green smoothies; then it doesn’t affect the taste of smoothie but makes it a little thicker and provides additional nutritional benefits. Here is a sample recipe.

Sweet and Sour Delight

4 Fuji apples, sliced

2 medium lemons without peel

1 banana, peeled

1 bunch parsley

1 cup spinach

1 stalk celery

Small piece ginger

½ avocado seed

Yields: 32 oz

To Subscribe to the Raw Family Newsletter, or to just read more click here

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.969 sec, (2)