CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: This has helped my bowel problems

Jane Views: 60,158
Published: 21 years ago

This is a reply to # 331,735

Re: This has helped my bowel problems

I had my gallbadder removed 4 years ago. I was told only 5% of the people who have their gallbadder removed have bowel problems.

Well, I guess I am part of the 5%. I have never been the same since my surgery. Food goes right through me. Recently I was in NYC and had to run to a Starbuck's restroom and barely made it in time.

So, I have experimented with something that has helped me. It is simple. Metamucil. The fiber in it, helps absorb the excess bile salt in my intestines. Initially I only took it once a day. But now I take it three times a day, two teaspoons at a time.

I have noticed a significant change. Today I went out to eat so I took two teaspoons before we left. Normally, I have about 15 min before the urgency is upon me. Not this time.

It is a simple solution for a very bothersome problem. Try it. I hope it can help someone else.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.627 sec, (1)