CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: ERCP caused death

maggie Views: 59,970
Published: 21 years ago

This is a reply to # 331,596

Re: ERCP caused death

On 6th Dec 1993 my brother was taken into hospital with acute stomach pains and vomiting. After one week, he was taken into ITU, where he renmaind for weeks. By this time he had been diagnosed with Acute Necrotic Panreatitis and was given a 1 in 4 chance of recovery. The condition was managed by keeping him tranqualized and all his organs monitored. He had several operations to remove necrotic tissue from his pancreas. He was in hospital for months and he did survive, but is now diabetic. It was never said, but I believe that this was the result of him passing a stone and he was also just recovering from a bout of 'flu. Both my mother and I have suffered severe bouts of pain due to gallstones, so I think it must be a family trait. I know that my gallbladder is full as I have had ultrasounds done. I have been on the surgeons list for 3 years now, but I am terrified of the surgery, but I also think of what happened to my brother. I have not had a bout of pain now for a very long time, but I know that the stones are still there.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.663 sec, (1)