CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Depressed, wishing I’d never taken iodine

susie21 Views: 5,086
Published: 7 y

This is a reply to # 2,393,337

Re: Depressed, wishing I’d never taken iodine

I am not allergic to iodine, I tested it on my skin plus my mother used to stick it on my skin a lot when I was young. I had/have undiagnosed pyroluria. This means B6 and zinc is bound up in heme and lost through urine and magnesium is not pushed into the cells efficiently, I would have had it all my life but I was coping with it. The extra demands with Iodine pushed me over the top = severe palpitations = inability to access magnesium, Chronic detox = inability to break down B6 and therefore utilize zinc, extreme anxiety = pyroluria manifestation. I am willing to bet that most people who come a cropper with Iodine have pyroluria not diagnosed as it affects 10 - 12% of the population. High Iodine is lethal in these circumstances and permanent supplementation with pyrodoxil 5 phosphate is the only way to address it. It's such a cheap easy test too but as I had never heard of the condition I could not have known this at the time. It was only through a careful case study with my former lecturer in naturopathy that I found out. So taking companion nutrients with this in the background will do diddly squat.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.352 sec, (1)