CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Depressed, wishing I’d never taken iodine

susie21 Views: 4,355
Published: 7 y

This is a reply to # 2,393,319

Re: Depressed, wishing I’d never taken iodine

Chewy, I stopped Iodine totally for about 3 months until the horrific symptoms stopped. Your body will scavenge Iodine from everyday foods during that period, and your thyroid will have a reserve anyway. My TSH dropped to 1.85 during the period I stopped iodine, lowest it's ever been! I started the RDA of Iodine again in June, and I have slowly increased to 1mg since then. I will shortly be going to 1 drop of low strength Lugols = 1.5mg and will be sticking with that until all of my symptoms have gone. Dr. Datis Kharrazian's "Why Do I Still Have Thyroid Symptoms When My Lab Tests Are Normal?" which I have read explains how he has and is successfully treating hashi's without iodine as he focuses on the point is is an auto immune disease, not a thyroid disease. Auto immune diseases put the body under great stress and rob a lot of nutrients, to blindly take massive amounts of iodine without addressing the immune weakness first will cause issues. For all we know, you could have hashi's, or pyroluria like me which means you can't use zinc or magnesium because the body can't break down B6. There are too many unknowns, and until you know be cautious.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.309 sec, (1)