CureZone   Log On   Join
WONDERFUL but I really need help about Seborrheic dermatitis in eyes that get terribly dry and red, even after using salty water or sea spray in them

Hazelways Views: 72,711
Published: 7 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,057,688

WONDERFUL but I really need help about Seborrheic dermatitis in eyes that get terribly dry and red, even after using salty water or sea spray in them

First thank you for this very comprehensive & useful article which is unmatched by anything I have found online or elsewhere.
Here is my problem. After seeing 3 dermatologists, the first made me shave off my hair for nothing, the third told me I must have seborrheic dematatis in my hair and possibly rosacea on my face and in my eyes. But an ophtalmologist at the emergency board told me it's eczema on my eyelids & the allergen must be found. The second dermatologist prescribed some basic allergy tests for cosmectics and a standard EU battery (I'm in France) which I should have done on 21st Feb 2017.

Using Sea Salt with mineral water on my scalp helps a lot. I also use it on my face which becomes very red despite using a moisturiser which is specifically designed for allergies.

My main problem are my eyes. They burn and sting and are terribly dry and every night they become pink and irritated (the white part of the eye turns pink). I can no longer wear my contact lenses or any make-up.
I put my mixture of Sea Salt &mineral water in them too. It does sting but then they become so dry, like before. I have artificial tears I use (hyaluronic acid prescribed by the ophtalmologist and ilastCare moisturizer to use on the eye lids but they don't work well).

Since I'm very allergic to countless chemical substances, I cannot use chemicals, especially anything remotely connected to bleach, chlorine, aspirin, Antibiotics etc.

What would you suggest to improve or erradicate the dermatitis from my eyes, please?
It started middle of December with my scalp being covered in red patches. Then early January my face turned pink to bright pink or tanned at times (I have very white skin normally) and about 3 weeks ago my eyes became infected. I had thyroid cancer in Dec 2015 and had a full thyroidectomy. I also had pre-cancer of the uterus. I need a break from health issues urgently! I've had to quit by job (I'm a translator) as I have several health conditions and this dermatitis is preventing me from rising up again and getting back on my feet.I'm 49 years old and have been menopaused for about 2 years.

In advance thank you for any suggestions you may have. I've read in a few places that sea water in the eyes used too regularly can lead to cornea ulcers.
Yesterday I used a sea water nasal spray in my eyes, it stang which is OK but can I use this daily? It is just sea water. I'm concerned. I've had enough. I need to work and provide for my son. I don't trust anyone else for help. Most of the pieces of advice I read were nonsense to me or didn't apply to eyes.

In advance thank you very much for taking the time to reply to me.

Kind regards

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.563 sec, (2)