CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Sibling molestation

fluff and stuff Views: 9,619
Published: 20 years ago

This is a reply to # 56,354

Re: Sibling molestation

Hi! I have a 5 year old son and a 3year old daughter and I've of course thought about such things maybe happening in the future...My brother looked at one of my sisters naked once growing up, and it really affected her negatively, although they've since worked things out and are great friends. But it does make you worry. In this society, our kids are surrounded with all kinds of sexually explicit material and as parents, we simply cannot shelter them as much as we might want to. I do however closely monitor what my kids watch, hear, and see. But I don't make a big deal out of it, so they don't even know what they're "missing out on". I think that you are wise to keep your boy seperated from your girl, and it is only normal to worry. I wouldn't however continue to resent your son and make him feel bad, as this could result in a lot of self esteem problems for him in the future. You don't want him thinking that he is a bad person, only that he did something that wasn't right. Boys are differnt then girls and at that age their sexuality begins to blossom and I don't think that they even know what to do about it sometimes. It would be good if your son could discuss his sexuality with an adult, best would be his own dad. Keep the communication opened. If he feels like you think he is dirty,...he will probably not open up to you. Let him know that what he is experiencing as a growing boy is normal, that's how God made men, but that is is going to have to learn how to channel these feelings correctly,...I'm a Christian too and I would pray about it all. Anyways, don't feel bad about your reaction to what happened because any loving mother would have reacted the same way. Just make sure that your son is getting all the love and attention he needs and make sure your daughter is safe, because things like this do affect children. Make sure your daughter knows that these kind of things are not OK and that she should tell you anytime something like this happens. Some people think that situations like this one are just "kids games", but I disagree. I'll say a prayer for you. Trust God, don't worry too much.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.org

0.442 sec, (2)