CureZone   Log On   Join
The odds are not good for finding non-GM soy

Dquixote1217 Views: 9,378
Published: 14 y

This is a reply to # 1,698,277

The odds are not good for finding non-GM soy

Tizona -

Pesticides and herbicides are big problems in and of themselves; however, when I am referring to pesiticides and GM crops I am talking about those crops which have been genetically engineered to produce their own pesticides.  Studies have found that the engineered genetic material is making its way into human intestinal bacteria and they in turn are producing pesticides inside us.  Not exactly along the lines ot "good health begins in the gut", is it.

I understand you wanting to seperate GMO soy from other soy.  However, when 91% of the products containing soy have GMO soy it is hard to do so.  Put it this way:  if you consume a product with soy, or soy itself, and it is not clearly labeled "Certified 100% organic", then you have a better than 9 out of 10 chance of consuming GMO soy.  If someone told me that a train had a better than 9 out of 10 chance or wrecking, I am not gonna get on that train.  I wouldn't even do it if it were a 1 in 10 chance.

Now, is Mercola perhaps over-doing it regarding soy in general?  Probably to at least some extent.  He, like many others, does pick what supports his views and agenda.  Unlike another poster here falsely implied, while I am generally a fan of Mercola, I do not always agree and have posted areas where I disagree both here and on Mercola's forum.   Regarding soy though, I do believe there are dangers in non-fermented soy of all kinds, but it is the 91% GMO figure that keeps me away from it regardless.

BTW, I respect your views and your rights to post them.  It is a refreshing change in this thread to actually be able to exchange views in a civil manner.  Would that others would do the same.

All the best,

DQ

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.266 sec, (2)