CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: I Need Help With Angular Cheilitis
BohemiaTom Views: 64,223
Published: 12 years ago
This is a reply to # 1,458,334

Re: I Need Help With Angular Cheilitis

I would definitely go to a dermatologist. Perhaps he could recommend a skin whitening cream. Or perhaps he call tell how much the scars will fade if they are left alone. The collagenase in your skin is suppose to eat away the scar tissue so it'll fade in time. There's a collagenase ointment called Santyl that's used for dermal ulcers and burned skin. Don't know if it'll work but perhaps your doctor could prescribe it for off label use (for your case) which is perfectly legal. Not sure how hard that would be to convince a doctor to do this.


Just checked. Looks like there's a study going on concerning santyl treating scars:

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!


Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021

1.469 sec, (1)