CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: I Need Help With Angular Cheilitis

disastronaut Views: 71,399
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,159,693

Re: I Need Help With Angular Cheilitis

So, I've been dealing with this condition for almost 3 weeks now and I am going insane! I came across your post last week and tried implementing it. After completion, it was possible that there was a minor improvement, but it was very minor. I want to make sure I'm doing it right, so I have some questions in hopes of clarifying the directions:

-What kind of dish soap is acceptable? I am using "Ultra Concentrated Joy dishsoap/Antibacterial hand soap. Is this ok?

-What is a "wash bowel? I'm assuming any type of bowl will work fine, however I was thinking that a faucet with running warm water would work fine as well, right?

-Does it have to be an "unused jar of petroleum jelly" or would a tube of petroleum jelly that has been used be sufficient?

-In step 13, you mention to "wash the jelly off by using the steps above"? Does this mean to repeat the cleaning process with the dish soap, water, and paper towels, as in steps 2-10?

-In step 14, after drying you lips for 10-20 min, then what? I put some triple Antibiotic ointment on the cuts, then vaseline or burts beeswax on my lips. Is this ok or what would you suggest?

Now, after I had done the treatment last week, as I mentioned there were possibly very minor improvements. Against my better judgement, I went out drinking over the weekend. When I woke up the next morning, the right corner of my mouth especially was in mild pain, and looked worse then ever. Obviously I'm sure drinking didn't help my cause, but would you suggest avoiding alcohol altogether and is this a typical reaction?

Also, I've tried doing research on this condition on the net and people mentioned that nystatin cream or ointment may help. Would you agree?

I'm in the process or repeating the treatment now to the best or my understanding and am hoping for the best because this stupid condition is ruining my life. I would think the human body was capable of healing itself naturally, but this damn alien disease is just ridiculous! Hopefully I will hear from you very soon to answer my questions. Thanks in advance for the help!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.219 sec, (2)