Views: 5,476
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 729,525

Re: I, Manipulator!

yes, a curious word.

Early 19th century. Back-formation < manipulation < French < manipule "handful"
< Latin manipulus (see maniple)]

To manipulate the spine, say, might be a very helpful thing...thing is,
the sense (of manipulate) is form-based, and form is transient. Brain sitting up top and ruling the roost... :-)So the idea of manipulating reality is like form handling (perceived truth of) form. In the end, Empty! It's comical,in a way.

As a lover of words but also one who does not want to be fooled by concepts, I like precision. Difficult because as Lapis has said, words are not the experience, and even experience doesn't *get to* knowing.(The sort that comes from a moment or more of Oneness.Re-cognition)

When I hear this phrase, especially in relation to 'powers' I can only think it comes from fundamental error.

But that's my perception, you might say. So it can be a good practise (at the right time)looking at everything and saying "this has no meaning". Not in a nihilist way: that's why there's a right time for it.It's remarkable to begin to see how our perceptions/reactions *do* manipulate reality.
Reality is a hard word though too....because people are always saying "face reality!"
when what they mean is accept the prevailing notion of what's of value. Of what's what. The prevailing notion unfortunately, is that which has brought many to Curezone to begin with.

A good thing?

well no---and yes!

;-)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)