CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: peeling lips (off topic)

rongunz Views: 15,055
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 9,812

Re: peeling lips (off topic)

Hello fellow chronic lip peelers,

wow i just spent the last 30 minutes pouring through all of your posts and i'm really amazed. i wish they had had this sort of a thing when i was in high school and going through this ordeal.

First off, let me say that this problem really sucks! I know. i have suffered through it since i was about 16. i'm now 26, and although i have not found a cure, i can say that i have learned to live with it without much anxiety.

all through high school, i was horribley self conscious and saw dozens of derms just like many of you. agonized over the constant dryness, and cracking and turning white with water, sluffing off and then restarting the cycle all over again.

i tried everything. balms, salves, no water, licking, not licking. diet changes, allergy tests, avoiding intimate contact.
wishing i could spend a year on a desert island so that i could let it heal naturally. ridiculous amounts of self conscious anxiety and self pity.

nothing worked.

even lately on a tip i have been trying herpecin L. but it's still the same old thang.

the best thing i found to do is to:
1) try not to sweat it, it's bad but it's not that bad. i always kept it a secret and then when i told my friends i was suffering from this problem, most of them were like i never noticed anything wrong with your lips.

2) try constant upkeep. if your lips get chapped and dry, put chapstick or what not on. keep putting it on, eventually the dry scaly parts will soften, and sluff off, which usually leaves your lips softer and more supple than most.

3) don't put anything on them. if they get dry, lick them. if they scaley. peel them. try not to think about it as a problem, but just an inconvenience. eventually you will come to some sort of a balance. i used to give my lips a good rubbing after every brushing and this seemed to help. my lips were always a little raw, but through time they have gotten better.

trust me, i know what all of your are going through. some times are harder than others, but it is doable. if nothing else, i think this experience makes us all a little more humble, and empathetic towards people with skin problems.

i hope eventually Science will catch up to us and they will discover some kind of factor that binds us all and come out a miracle solution, but until that day, don't let this ruin your life.

i missed out on a lot in high school. and looking back, i wish i hadn't let it affect me as much as it did.

feel free to email me if you wanna talk about it.

peely lips unite!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.188 sec, (2)