CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: peeling lips (off topic)

Mook Views: 15,041
Published: 21 y

This is a reply to # 9,764

Re: peeling lips (off topic)

By freeing myself of lip balm and topical jellies, I am allowing my self to pay attention to what my natural lips are telling me and act accordingly. This is the only way I can ever see this problem going away for me. Its just me and my lips. I cant imagine going back to plastering on balms and jellies and timing peels for the best lip appearance. I refuse to live shackled like that.

I don’t believe any healing has to be done. The body heals no matter what. The peeling for me is from corner to corner, right from where the lips meet inside the mouth to about half way down each upper and lower lip. The peeling I believe is being caused by something or lack of something. For me I don’t think inflammation is why my lips are peeling. I believe that it is lack of water, more specifically saliva. The possibility of the skin being set in a skin peeling cycle was ruled out by my aquafor experiment. They did not peel for an entire three weeks with enough of this goop slopped on.

I do know that maintaining the lips is a very, very delicate balance. The skin underneath the skin that peels is a very thin skin but has always been a thin skin as I recently saw in old pictures. Its part of the mucous membrane and therefore does not have as many layers of skin as the epidermis. Thats why it swells up so much when its wet. I think I read that the epidermis has 5 layers of skin with the last being the dead horny layer. The skin on the lips only has three and does not produce natural oil like the epidermis does. This is why I think saliva can be the only moisturizer and why it is that lips are the only part of the body that chap. If they don’t produce there own oil then what’s stopping them from drying up?

Im on the 4th day of natural lips and my lips still peeled but the peeling skin was very thin, not thick like before. I licked them a kamillion times which is just as bad as not licking them at all. I am almost leaning towards the idea that if you leave the dead skin on your lips it masks the feelings to lick and suck on them, making the skin even drier underneath. Lips are in no way ever supposed to be wet all the time, but when they are all slobbery and wet the dead skin falls off with ease. I also had the idea that fresh shiny skin with no dead skin on it, almost seems to hold moisture better. Anyway these are just my ideas over the past few days. I am still clueless as to what the natural delicate balance is, but know that it will come with time and patience. Right now I am liking the way my lips feel and look and where this is headed ;D

11768, I dont think my lips are any thinner, but only half of my lips peel. Wrinkles and fine lines are there but I think always have been. They seem to get worse the dryer they get.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.188 sec, (2)