CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: peeling lips (off topic)

still waiting Views: 15,151
Published: 21 y

This is a reply to # 9,770

Re: peeling lips (off topic)

It's nice to see that you are handling your situation as well as you are,i admire your positive attitude and appreciate some of the points that you have made.
However i don't think that it is wise to advise people to aid with the "exfoliation" if they hope for their condition to
ever go away.
It appears that the common cause of our condition is habitual lip Licking,picking and general irritation.
I believe that reversing the effect that this has had on our lips will take more than leaving them alone just for a few days.
I think our lips produce a rough outer layer of skin to protect the delicate new skin that is trying to form underneath - this is how skin repairs it's self when it has been damaged after all.
I also believe that when i wash off the dead skin i go back to square one and this would explain the cycle starting again!
I was obviously anxious about the appearence of my lips at some point or i would never have developed this stinking condition. But here's the catch....
in order for them to get better i will have to leave them to heal naturally. This will mean leaving them to look worse than they ever have before. This is evidently going to be hard if not impossible for somebody who has developed this condition in the first place because they are so worried about how their lips look!
The first rule in dealing with a dermatological condition is not to aggravate it and when we wash the dry skin off i believe we are doing exactly that.
The one thing that all the derms i have been to have aggreed on is that i should not under any circumstances pick my lips and it has only recently occured to me that when i deeply moisturise and incourage my lips to peel this is the worst thing i could be doing.
The use of vaseline is also something that concerns me as skin needs to breath if it is going to heal.
I once tried to deeply moisturise my lips for a week with vaseline.This actually stopped the exfoliation but didn't help produce a strong top layer of skin.All it appeared to do was freeze the whole process.
12211, You sound like a strong person and it is great you are ready to accept things and carry on, but this condition seriously affects my quality of life on a day to day basis, there for it is something i refuse to accept as pemanent.Good luck in your future.
Perhaps the reason that the doctors have not been able to give any of us a definitive awnser on why this condition occurs is because the skin is doing exactly what it is supposed to and the problem is that we need to let nature take it's course and stop getting in the way.
This is only one person's oppinion. It my be right ,it may be wrong.I think it is important not to lose hope. If we put all our ideas together maybe we will get somewhere.
I will ,of course,let you know how things work out.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.156 sec, (2)