CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Difficult child destroying our marriage!

Whispering Wind Views: 18,004
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 793,556

Re: Difficult child destroying our marriage!

I have read all the posts and personally I think there is something wrong with your step daughter and would have her checked at the doctors. You should at least rule out any disorders that would point to bi-polar.
If this helps any, my own son, youngest, had the same type of personality, however I did love him unconditionally but it did NOT change his out of control behaviors and one time he head butted me and I flew across the laundry room and hit the dryer!...seriously, it was very very hard with this child but now he is 23 and he is normal! BUT that did not happen until he was in his 20's and at 18, 19 and 20 he still displayed those outrageous spinning out of control, breaking things, screaming etc. I had him tested, changed his diet, put him on vitamins etc. The docs had tried him on ritalyn and one dose sent him off in the most horrible spin I had ever witnessed and the child's eyes turned green and they are dark brown, I literally had to call the cops on my own child he was so wild out of control...that was the first and last dose that child had of that medicine. I kept him home to homeschool him one semester and he improved some with diet change and the vitamins but the minute he was around his friends he would start using drugs, junk foods etc. Then he REFUSED and would throw away the vitamins and went on to do a lot of drugs thus magnifying his behavior and ended up in boy's detention center and you know it was the ONLY time in 18 years that I actually could sleep at night. I was relieved he was locked up and safe and I could function like a normal human being for small spurts then he would be released and all over again it would happen, like immediately upon his return home. And you know what, I love that child to pieces, he is such a joy for me right now I NEVER EVER thought that child would live through the drug use he got involved in. Anyhow, I just thought I would share this with you because I do know that love, understanding, validating, giving in all that DOES NOT change that child who is spinning like that. I know my story does not give you much hope in that I found nothing to resolve what was happening, but I could have pursued other drug therapies that he would not have reacted to but because of his use of street drugs use I knew he would take the stuff and sell it on the street, which is what he did with the ritalyn stuff he reacted to, took it out of the garbage and sold it on the streets. Now one thing I can give you is that he was 12 when I got him tested and in deep with the drug use at that point, so if you can possibly get her tested asap and get her balanced now she may bypass all that I went through.
You can email me if you like and need the support.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.203 sec, (2)