CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Spectacularly Insightful - really?

Paulista Views: 17,202
Published: 13 y

This is a reply to # 797,359

Re: Spectacularly Insightful - really?

I don't think every story will end like mine did, but the stepmother stepdaughter relationship is the most difficult in life, especially if it's an only daughter who had Daddy just for herself for years. My stepdaughter destroyed my marriage. Ever seen the movie with Daniel Day Lewis and Camila Belle ("The Ballad of Jack and Rose")? It's similar to my story. I treated his daughter from age 8 when I met her always well. Never loved or even liked her. It's very very hard to love a child that you didn't raise and who has her own mother and you have your own daughters. She had different habits and was emotionally very immature. Very territorial with her Dad because the 2 od them were alone for years, eating in restaurants together for years, sleeping in the same bed until she was 10 (I told him she was too old for that). He resented my opinion. As she grew up, her crush on her Dad became more evident. He could never give me any gifts that she wanted the same. She and him would gossip in secret for me not hear. When she visited, they wound disappear all day long and come back late. He never invited me. She became more more interfering and badmouthing me. He would use her as his oonfidante about his marriage and any problems he hasd with me. It was sick. For my 50th bday I got no present from him (he claimed he was low in money-he had a business and our finances were separate), but 3 days later I found out he gave her w newer car and told her to keep it a secret from me (she lives in a different city). She's 21, quit college after 6 months and works in fast food. He gives her a lot of money and she does drugs. I'm very very glad I left this sickness. He had an inappropriate relationship with her, emotional incest it's called. I'm glad it's not your case, but beware it can get worse as she becomes a teenager. Ah, and don't feel guilty you don't love her, it's biological.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.250 sec, (1)