CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Difficult child destroying our marriage!

Lynnf68 Views: 17,742
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 793,120

Re: Difficult child destroying our marriage!

I can feel your pain and your frustration.
I can in a relationship with a man who has an 11 yr old son who is extremly defiant, mean and nasty and manipulative. He has full custody of his son and I have been living with them for 6 yrs and just over the summer his son's atitude has progressed
and I feel like my hands are tied with the whole situation because if I dare say anything or ground the kid then I am always the one to blame by both my fiance and his son.
The Kid is constantly warned that if he does not stop back talking and if he doesn't do his chores then their will be a consequence and and since the child never listens to anyone (except when he wants something) he is usually grounded since I always follow through with what I say and that causes problems between me & my fiance because my fiance is frustrated with the whole situation and is i guess tired of "hearing" about it all.
His son will say and do thing's to me like mouth off and tell me he will do whatever he wnats and I have no say and I will not stop him etc and he'll do it when his father is sleeping or mumble it to me so that his father doesn't hear him and if I dare go back and tell his father what the child has said to me the child will yell out " I DID NOT" and then my fiance will get mad at both the child and me. Mostely me because he says I am the adult and I should know better and or I should just leave the kid alone.

I recently gave back my engagement ring to my fiance, I did not wnat to but I know that My Fiance does not want to get married because of the way thing's are between his son and me and I believe that His son does not want us to get married and so he won the battle and I forgot to mention that my fiance and I have a 3 yr old little boy together and because of his half brothers atitude that he is missing out on a happy family atmosphere because his older brother loves to cause misery and choas in the household.
and yes he does see a shrink and the shrink has even said that the child likes to play the game "Victim" (He's always picked on by me, he's always being tortured by me when i tell him to do his chores,) I can go on and on and on about this because there is so much more worst situations that i have been in with this child but to me it so pointless to ever talk about it because I will always be the bad guy and wrong.

I hope that no one else goes through this because it hurts bad

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.453 sec, (2)