CureZone   Log On   Join
Fasting (to completion?) - My Journey to Health *** CROSS POSTED FROM FASTING: WATER ONLY SUPPORT FORUM***

fastingforlife Views: 10,533
Published: 13 y

Fasting (to completion?) - My Journey to Health *** CROSS POSTED FROM FASTING: WATER ONLY SUPPORT FORUM***

Greetings!

I'm a food addict and I'm starting yet another attempt at fasting (3 failed attempts in the last month). Today is day one and ultimately I would like to fast until completion, or the end of this month at the very least. I will still consider a 7-14 day fast a small victory, however if I've gotten that far and feel fine I see no need to stop. It's those first few days that are the hardest and I need to learn how to get over the hump.

My biggest problem is, I always seem to "break" at the end of the second day, so I know this is a weak point for me. Coincidentally, days two and three were always the hardest when breaking all of my previous addictions (various drugs, smoking, caffeine etc) and it usually takes me a few attempts to sort of do a bit of "research" into how my body is going to respond to the withdrawal process. Then, once I know what to expect, I just do it.

So I've decided to join this forum as a source of motivation, inspiration and to capitalise on other's experience. All positive contributions are very much welcome!

I guess I should explain my reasons for wanting to do a long fast. Firstly, and foremost, my health. Although today at 29 years old I am in the best condition of my adult life (thanks to conquering a plethora of other addictions that have plagued me since my early teens), I am still experiencing chronic health conditions, which I hope to address with fasting. I'll list them here:

FAT STORAGE/SLOWING METABOLISM
I'm not technically overweight, but my fat:muscle ratio is definitely too high. I'm what they call "skinny fat" (LOL), which means I'm quite slim (5'4 52kg), but I'm carrying cellulite on my bum and thighs, plus a lot of fat on my belly, and I jiggle a lot. Compared to how I used to be I FEEL fat. I used to be quite toned (naturally) and never have to exercise to stay slim and pert, but over the last few years I've really gone downhill and I'm really out of shape, which I have slowly been tackling with jogging and exercise for some months now. But I can't seem to control my eating no matter how hard I try - I just can't stick to a healthy diet. I LOVE food too much. I'm addicted to Sugar and dairy especially, but all food really. Fat storage is also a big problem for me because of my hormonal imbalance; fat cells produce my #1 mortal enemy - OESTROGEN! >:(

OESTROGEN DOMINANCE
I have suffered from a severe case of oestrogen dominance since puberty and have had terrible menstrual cycles my whole life. Mood swings and PMS have sent me on a rollercoaster of drug addiction and damaging relationships and misdiagnoses, psychiatric medications and excruciating physical pain. Only recently have I dug deep to find out what my real problem is. I get all the symptoms of oestrogen dominance - heavy periods, clotting, sore breasts, SEVERE PMS, acne, sinusitus, horrendous painful uterine cramps, tender cervix etc and oestrogen dominance has been diagnosed by a very good doctor (yes, they do exist!). It's nearly certain that I have endometriosis. I've been on supplemental bioidentical progesterone for three months, and though it has definitely helped with the mood swings and flow, it's interrupting my cycle I haven't been able to come close to resolving the cramps. One of my major goals with fasting is to break down any possible endo tissue and equilibrate my hormones. I know that dairy and Sugar exacerbate my condition, but I can't abstain from them, so it's easier to just stop eating ALL food.

ACNE
I've had Acne ever since I started taking anti-depressants and other drugs around age 14-15. I know this is related to a build up of toxins, and I've noticed an instant skin clearing and softening effect during my previous 2-4 day fasts and cleanses. Then I just go and binge out and break out worse than ever. My goal with this fast is to stick it out enough to break the binge cycle and hopefully clear my Acne completely.

REYNAUD'S SYNDROME/CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH
I'm sick to death of freezing to death and always having cold hands and feet! Hopefully the metabolism-stimulating effect of fasting will do something for my blood and general circulation, which is generally very poor. My blood pressure is only usually around 80/50 even when exercising, drinking lots of water and taking supplements. I also suffered a myocardial infarct (heart attack) about 7 years ago (amphetamine overdose) and though the scar can't be seen on an ECG anymore, I know there is dead tissue there.

SPIRITUAL ENLIGHTENMENT
There is just something about fasting which makes me feel closer to the divine. I'm not religious as such, but I have my own inner religion. I crave the self-discipline and heightened awareness that comes with fasting. It's "soul food" in a way.

DETOXIFICATION
I'm tired of feeling run down and "yucky" even since I've got my iron and B12 and other levels up I just don't feel right, and after a life-time of eating shit and previously taking copious amount of drugs etc I know I have a lot of stored toxins and possibly liver damage.

BLOATING/POOR DIGESTION
I think this one speaks for itself, although it doesn't appear to be diet specific. When I've actually been able to stick to a food Elimination Diet for a time I haven't had any abatements of my symptoms and ALL food makes me feel like crap. For someone that loves food so much it's hell not being able to eat it without the consequences of poor digestion. I hope my fast will allow me to enjoy food again - guilt free!

So there it is. I've listed my goals and reasons for doing this fast - hopefully re-reading this and listening to other's tips will help me through the tough part: Days 1-5.

Can anybody make some suggestions on how to quell hunger pangs? Thanks.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (3)