CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Question - please help me get this

sans sucre Views: 6,673
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 641,903

Re: Question - please help me get this

Thanks for your thougthful response. I do believe in a respectful approach, unless I am disrespected, regardless of my own beliefs (which, BTW, just for the record, are mixed. Basically consider myself "spiritual" but not religious. Raised Catholic, but later gravitated towards more of an Eastern philosophy of God as intangible spirit, believe in Karma and that many religions and spiritual paths can lead to the light. Believe strongly strongly strongly (did I say "strongly"??)against Evangelism. Separation of Churh and State is dear to my heart. Support everyone's right to worship or not as they see fit, and to be free of influence from others on the subject if they so desire. Looking for similarities amongst us all rather than differences. I think that if one believes in Christianity, one will see things that solidify that belief, and if one is atheist, one will see things that solidify that belief, and so on).

Anyway, yes of course you are right that society has changed in general for the worse as far as lifestyle, materialism, etc. are concerned. But, I think that it has to do with a general shift away from the spirtual, a shift away from the traditional, and not per se a lack of conviction for Christ, as this is across the board. What I mean is, other societies and followers of other religions also are experienceing this phenomenon. Societies that never were close to Christ to begin with, so you can't blame the shift on a lack of something that was never there in the first place. I suppose one could argue that no matter what the present or past circumstances were, belief in Christ will heal in the presnt, but in, oh, let's say India, if people were to turn back to a deeper faith in Buddha, would that also not help to heal the emptiness of those who embrace that belief ssytem?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (1)