CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Hey guys, I've finally found the antichrist!!

loquat1 Views: 1,892
Published: 7 y

This is a reply to # 2,350,685

Re: Hey guys, I've finally found the antichrist!!

No, I would not be so parochial as to confine Rev. to events leading up to the destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD. As I said, I intensely dislike that term 'partial preterist', and this is just one of many reasons. It is too restrictive to fully encompass what I believe to be the truth about prophecy and fulfilment. These labels, including 'amillennialism', are often invented by our opponents to shackle us, and I for one refuse to be shackled in this fashion.

Adams has suggested the term 'realized eschatology' to describe our interpretation, and it has some merit, but again I find it clumsy and not totally adequate to the task. I have not come up with a better alternative myself, and it may well be the case that we have to accept that you cannot simply pigeonhole biblical prophecy with any such labels. It is far too grand, sweeping, majestic in scope, awe-inspiring and all-encompassing to be straight-jacketed by such anodine nomenclature. Human language is quite simply inadequate to the task, and I therefore find that term 'partial preterist' an utterly risible attempt to shackle an easy target. Hence the nonsense refreshed cited above, which I also found risible.

No, when you recall that the messianic thread that runs thru the entire Bible starts in Gen 3:15 and ends with Rev 22:20, you start to realize how futile it is to try to pin it down in a single word or even two. Whole books have been written on this subject in order to get close to the truth, and even then we still only 'see thru a glass darkly' and only 'know in part, but then we shall know in full'.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.344 sec, (1)