CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Hey guys, I've finally found the antichrist!!

loquat1 Views: 1,854
Published: 7 y

This is a reply to # 2,350,941

Re: Hey guys, I've finally found the antichrist!!

Going purely on memory now, and assuming you are referring to one of the links to Alexander's writings on the subject, I'm pretty sure that you have likely taken hold of the wrong end of the stick. Read it again and/or give me the direct quote/reference so that I can see for myself what he actually says about this.

I'm fairly confident he does not deny that Hosea and Gomer were historical figures. After all, he wrote one of the books of the Bible, for goodness' sake. No, what I believe he's saying is that this marriage has a much deeper meaning. After all, you gotta admit that's an otherwise bizarre order God gave him, is it not? Unless, of course, it had a much deeper meaning that could easily be lost 'in translation'. No, please don't try to use this as an excuse to accuse us of allegorizing the historicity of the Bible out of existence. You will fail miserably. If we allegorize here or there, it is because we are forced to do so in order to remain faithful to the example set for us by the apostles, who consisently 'allegorize' when it comes to interpreting the covenant promises made to Israel in the OT.

If you want proof of this fact, I repeat my earlier challenge to you to note every example where the writer cites the OT kingdom/messianic prophecies of the OT, and observe how they are applied/interpreted. There are simply too many to list here, but if you want some examples, I'll be more than happy to oblige. Alternatively, d/load and read Carver's book that I linked in an earlier post. His treatment of the subject is unsurpassed, even if he does get a bit shouty in his excitement after this penny dropped for him.

As for a label that describes your position, how about cranky? Brittle?

OK, just kiddin'.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.223 sec, (1)