CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Hey guys, I've finally found the antichrist!!

loquat1 Views: 1,857
Published: 7 y

This is a reply to # 2,350,587

Re: Hey guys, I've finally found the antichrist!!

Again, making Jesus the focal point of the OT messianic, covenant & 'kingdom' promises and prophecies is not to deny their eschatological content or implication. This is not a case of either/or, but an example of fulfillment and consummation. The overwhelming bulk of the OT covenant promises have been fulfilled in Jesus' first advent and in the people He has called out from every nation - His body, the Church, comprised of the redeemed of all ages from Adam until the last person who enters His kingdom before the last trumpet sounds. There is no salvation outside His name, and no 'second chance' after He returns. When He comes again in glory, that is the end of time and redemptive history, and to teach anything else is a direct and flat contradiction of this fundamental truth. The idea that there is yet to come an extended period of salvation after the second advent lasting anything from 1,000 to 1,007 years, depending on your preferred version of end-time events, is just plain heresy. It is called 'the last day' for a reason. Again, I urge you to examine closely the consequences of Jesus' return wherever and whenever it is mentioned in the NT, then come back here and tell me who is left to inhabit this mythical millennium which is the cornerstone of futurism. 

I tell you with every ounce of Christian love that I have at my disposal, this is another gospel that you preach. If Scripture teaches us anything at all, it is that 'now is the day of salvation' (IICor. 6:2). Now is the time, and the sole reason Scripture gives us for any delay in the coming judgment is God 'not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance..' (2 Peter 3:9). Why then do you believe that it is possible to escape such a fate if one chooses to harden their heart when they hear His voice (Heb. 3:15)? Does not Scripture explicitly warn us that '..if they did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, much less will we escape if we reject him who warns from heaven' (Heb.12:25)? Have you ever actually thought through the logical consequences of what you believe about the end times? This is not merely an academic question. It is literally a matter of life or death, and eternal at that, coz anyone paying heed to your beliefs could legitimately say 'thanks all the same, but I think I'll wait until after he comes, then decide if I want to accept him as my saviour during his 1,000 year reign. That's more than enough time for me to make up my mind about all this'. So by all means tell me sis., what would be your hypothetical response in this situation?  

While you're pondering your reply, let me put another question to you. What was Abraham, the father of Israel, looking for? Was he really looking only for a piece of real estate somewhere in the Levant? Do you really and seriously imagine that's all he cared for? Sight set so low, or appetite so easily sated? Think carefully on this, then read Gal. chs 3-4 and Heb. chs 11-12. Come to them afresh, as if you have never seen or read them before. Read them over and over until their message permeates every fibre of your being, preferably without your futurist prejudices or blinkers if at all possible, coz they will only prevent you from seeing what is otherwise in plain sight. Then come back here again and tell me that the great covenant promises of the OT have not already been fulfilled in the finished work of Jesus Messiah and the community of the redeemed - His Church. 

So, see ya in about a month then sis. And happy reading.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.156 sec, (2)