CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Hey guys, I've finally found the antichrist!!

loquat1 Views: 1,762
Published: 7 y

This is a reply to # 2,350,868

Re: Hey guys, I've finally found the antichrist!!

@ vektek - Just in case you missed it, I added a second link to my last reply for you to check regarding Rom. 11, which I hope will answer any remaining questions/problems you might still have with this passage.

I should also add, for the sake of completeness, that Alexander's is not the only possible interpretation of Rom 11:26 within the context of Finalism. Other Finalists such as Errol Hulse (The Restoration of Israel), Ian Murray (The Puritan Hope), and Peter Toon (Puritans, The Millennium, and the Future of Israel) interpret this passage as holding out the prospect of a mass conversion of the Jews prior to Jesus' return - with one other signifcant difference from millennialists.

They do not see a separate destiny for Israel apart from the Church, the only community of the redeemed recognised in the NT. Any future mass conversion of the Jews is therefore seen in the context of them being 'grafted' back into their own olive tree from which they were originally cut off (Rom. 11:23-24), and of course they would emphatically reject any notion of an attendant restored Jewish cultus of temple, priesthood, and animal sacrifices, etc. Although I don't subscribe to this interpretation myself, it's a perfectly honourable and defensible position to hold. Unlike Alexander, I would not be so dogmatic about 'our' interpretation as to rule it out, though I still think it highly improbable.

BTW, another aspect I like about my newly remembered label is that it has a clearly defined and implied eschatological content which denies millennialists the easy target that Preterism, partial or otherwise, presents. Let them try and tell me now that I don't believe in a second advent, etc.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.172 sec, (1)