CureZone   Log On   Join
Image Embedded No its not

Views: 9,239
Published: 14 y

This is a reply to # 1,621,060

No its not

"Have you ever seen anything from the mainstream media that you didn't uphold as gospel?"

Please disprove the following table for survival rates in the United States because you can't:

"Patients can always refuse treatment? How weak is that?  Patients and their families do what their doctors tell them, as they have been indoctrinated to do for generations now.  Just ask your doctor, right?"

Weak????  You have zero understanding of how the medical profession works.  Patients with cancer the vast majority of the time are given extensive statistics regarding survival of all the options including doing nothing and the type of treatment is left up to them.  The patient still holds control of their treatment.  My doctor didn't tell me what to do in relation to my cancer, I took my options as all patients do.

"OK, you want proof of just how ineffective chemo is, after all the billions of dollars and almost 40 years of the mostly failed war on cancer.

Here are the figures from the meta-analysis "The Contribution of Cytotoxic Chemotherapy to 5-year Survival in Adult Malignancies"  as published in the journal Clinical Oncology.  The average increase in survival time for all cancers combined was a mere 2.3% in Australia and 2.1% in the United States."

Your deceitful and highly manipulated report has been exposed for the lie that it is:

http://anaximperator.wordpress.com/2009/09/02/only-3-percent-survive-chemothe...

"What the study was about

The researchers stated as the aim of their study:

a literature search for randomised clinical trials reporting a 5-year survival benefit attributable solely to cytotoxic chemotherapy in adult malignancies.

So they wanted to know what the contribution was of chemotherapy to 5-year survival. They did not want to know how many patients survived chemotherapy.

Of all 154,971 patients whose files were examined, in 3306 of these, 5-year survival could be attributed solely to chemotherapy. In 98% of the patients, 5-year survival was due to a combination of factors, of which chemotherapy sometimes also was a factor and sometimes was not.

The researchers then extrapolated this number to all cancers. The average 5-year cancer survival in Australia at the time of the study was 60%. On the basis of the extrapolation of the outcome of their study, the researchers estimated that the average contribution of chemotherapy to 5-year survival would be 2.3% in Australia and 2.1% in the USA.

Nowhere in the study does it say that only 3306 patients survived their chemotherapy and that consequently 151,665 patients died because of it.

Leave out a few words and you get a completely different message."

So, the report said that 3306 cancer patients survival was do to chemotherapy alone.  The other 151,665 cancer patients who survive, did so for other reasons including that fact that chemotherapy was a positive factor in survival.  Enough said.

"Keep in mind when you look at the dismal rates for the large majority of cancers that this study merely compared survival of those who opted for chemo over those who didn't.  One can only imaginge what a comparison might look like if chemo were compared with those who opted for a healthy diet and lifestyle coupled with key immune boosting and cancer fighting supplements or other alternative treatments for cancer."

That's already been proven to be a horrendous lie.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.266 sec, (3)