CureZone   Log On   Join
Image Embedded Re: Doctors milk dying cancer patients for every last dollar

Views: 8,284
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,620,991

Re: Doctors milk dying cancer patients for every last dollar

"Wow - where to start? I'd love to see verified stories of people living long healthy lives because of chemo. It would be mostly anecdotal since recent studies show that Chemo has statistically zero (1-2%) positive effect on short term cancer outcomes with 80% of those in the profession saying they wouldn't use it on themselves.

Common sense alone is all you need to know what effect continued poisoning with toxic chemicals has on long term health outcomes. Every bit as fatal to your health as to your family savings - 2% (statistically insignificant) short term boost notwithstanding.
"

Let's see your research that supports your statements.  If just 1% of "short term cancer outcomes" (how do you define that?) are effective, then do you want to throw all chemo away?  Are you willing to kill Greg Anderson and other people just like him who more than twenty years ago was given less than 30 days to live?  Help yourself.  Also, what percent of all cancers are diagnosed in the "short term?"  

Here's a table of cancer survival rates in the USA - all of which are better than what most alternative med people are led to believe.

What does NOT show up on that table, is the normal survival rates for people who have not had cancer so it has a built in negative bias.  You can also bet your bottom dollar that a large quantity in that table have been treated with chemo.  I'm not advocating chemo by any stretch, but look at the 65% 20 year survival rate for breast cancer for example, and you know that 90% of them have had chemotherapy treatment.  Yet you say "Common sense alone is all you need to know what effect continued poisoning with toxic chemicals has on long term health outcomes."  It think that 65% survival is pretty good especially when you know that the rest of the population who did not have cancer or chemo does NOT have 100% survival for 20 years.

"And when you talk about 40% of Americans "needing therapy" for depression - what kind of therapy are you talking about? The psychiatric profession long ago decided that the prescription pad was far and away more effective than counseling. And now recent studies show that those effective anti-depressant drugs are no more effective than placebo. So again, what exactly is this therapy that 100 million plus Americans need? If counseling and drugs don't work..is it back to electric shock therapy?"

I didn't talk about 40% of the people needing therapy for depression, Dr. Norm Shealy who has worked with 30,000 chronically ill patients did - and I suspect that he is more qualified to make that statement than either you or I.  Therapy can be everything from meditation, to fish oil, to vitamin D, to losing weight to getting off your butt and doing something, and is not limited to talking doctors or medications.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2023  curezone.org

3.828 sec, (2)