CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: WaterGirl Asks: I haven't had my period!

Blancamomof3 Views: 44,149
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,079,708

Re: WaterGirl Asks: I haven't had my period!

Hi WaterGirl,
After reading your post I was slightly concerned. My 18 year old daughter's period had also stopped for about 4 months before I realized that this might be serious. She had mentioned it to me and at first I also did not seem too concerned. But when after the 5th month she still had no period I knew I needed to take control. This is how I found out something was not right. We were school shopping and she tends to wear baggy T-shirts I went into the dressing room with her and when she was changing I noticed how thin she was. Like I said I had not really noticed before that. I questioned her about her eating and she told me she was eating her normal but had lost alot of weight about 15lbs. She has a large dog Lab/Great Dame mix and does walk him everyday and it turns out she was walking so much that she was burning off way more calories than she was eating. My first thought was anorexia or bulimia and that was why I questioned her about her eating. She is very honest with me and does not hide anything so I believed her when she said she was eating her normal. I did set up an appointment with a GYN for her. This female GYN did place her on birth control pills and a packet of daily vitamins that pregnant women because they are the best vitamins you can take. She took these for about 6 months and then told her Doc she wanted to stop them, neither my daughter or I believe in taking birth control and she is still a virgin and does not have a boyfriend. She did get her period but that took about a month. Also I had her cut down her walks and she gained her weight back. She is about 5'2" and 115 now. Now here is the reason why I was worried when I read your post. If you are not careful and are not taking a good vitamin the lack of your period can cause you fragile bones and early Osteoporosis. It has to do with a hormone imbalance. My daughter was also having other symptoms that were we made her feel ill. Like really strange headaches that she could not even explain to me. If I was you I would get that taken care of first before doing any kind of cleanse. Good Luck!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.281 sec, (2)