CureZone   Log On   Join
Different strokes for different folks!

Alikat Views: 6,784
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 897,993

Different strokes for different folks!

I love your posts #77203.

I see the same thing in Typhon. On another post above, she describes how at one point her mother ( I think it was her mother, maybe an aunt, I forget) was yelling and making accusations, and suddenly she reached in to the deeper parts of her soul and disarmed her by showing love and understanding. This shows that beyond her mental illness, which she can not help, she has a natural willingness and desire to show love and to work and produce changes in herself. This is remarkable in and of itself, and a fantastic victory for someone who has faced so many personal battles, re. what's she's told us. What I wish she could see, is that not everyone has reached the same place of introspection that she has.
------------------------------
Typhon: you DID take responsibility for your actions, and I'm sure you still struggle with figuring out in which ways you are contributing to any distressful situations with others around you. But in the case of this "husband", his behavior shows a complete unwillingness and inability to do the same, and this is why what is/has been working for you can not work for him at this point. It's all in a matter of individual choice.

After reading all of your accounts, I can see that what came accross as very confrontative was your attempt at defending what you perceived was another underdog who needs as much support as you have. Your heart is definitely in the right place honey, but your perceptions were just misguided in this case.

No harm done. In the end, this thread has been a good learning experience for all of us.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.242 sec, (1)