CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: The bible is not the word of God that we are to live by.

What For Views: 4,457
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 643,895

Re: The bible is not the word of God that we are to live by.

"But what God tells me is clearly different than what He tells you."

This is subjectivity. No standard, "everyone does what right in their own eyes".

Jdg 17:6 In those days there was no king in Israel; every man did what was right in his own eyes.
Jdg 21:25 In those days there was no king in Israel; everyone did what was right in his own eyes.

Objectivity is accepting The Written Word of God (The Bible). It is His mind communicated to man. He tells everyone the same thing.

"And either you trust in God's wisdom in granting us the right to make our own choices for ourselves -- i.e. free will -- or you don't."

Yes John you speak wisely, but He gives us His Word as guidence for our choices, example:

Gal 6:8 For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.

He allows us to freely chose, but gives us the answer to the tests before they are given. The choice is freely ours to make, will we chose to reap corruption or will we chose eternal life, will we chose The Son or reject Him. There is no coercion only loving guidance.

Another example:

Act 16:29 And he called for lights and rushed in, and trembling with fear he fell down before Paul and Silas,
Act 16:30 and after he brought them out, he said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"
Act 16:31 They said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household."

The choice is ours.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.156 sec, (1)