CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Possible liver flukes and bad breath

Birk Views: 12,026
Published: 12 y

This is a reply to # 2,020,544

Re: Possible liver flukes and bad breath

YaY STEF!!!!! I AM SOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! The Gluten thing is BY FAR going to be the hardest thing to stay away from, just because it is lurking in every corner of our cosmetic case, our bathroom, our pets' foods, and the list goes on! Depending on your level of sensitivity (I hope it's nothing like mine!), the situation can vary greatly. It takes about two whole weeks to get the Gluten out of your system, and you are in the prime-time of the greatest part of going gluten free. When I stopped in Aug 2011, the general consensus in the celiac community was that it took a year for everything to regulate and your body to start being the "normal" it was meant to be. It is NOT going to be an easy road, but I am so proud of you and excited you were able to make this discovery and know that you are completely on the right track.

You are 100% correct that many celiacs/gluten intolerants are also dairy intolerant. I have had it in the back of my mind for a year and a half, and I know I have to do it, but I'm seriously so sad about it because bread is one thing, but CHEESE IS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE! The past year free of gluten (besides those pesky contamination issues - which ARE A PURE HELL!) has been wonderful, but there have been little ups and downs where I knew there was something else I was missing. I wanted to blame it on my environment, mould, anything but my dearest love - CHEESE! My cheese box is full right now, but I have decided to eat half of the Brie, Gueyerre, Fontina, Monterrey Jack, Sharp Cheddar, and then take the other halves and put them in a shoe box and have a funeral in the back yard before new years. Thank you so much for all of your insight and I am dying to feel like I have energy enough to walk up the stairs to my bedroom or even feed my poor dogs, let alone play with them! I am so lucky I havent had kids yet and drug them through this hell I have been going through!

Please keep us all updated on your wellness and I know it will continue to amaze you how well you feel!

When you read the celiac.com forum, you will find there are two kind of reactions to getting off gluten/beer/fatty foods, etc.:
1) The weight literally falls off, and people feel the way you're feeling now....or
2) The body has been so traumatized by the gluten that it almost has the effect of an anorexic person who eats a regular meal for the first time in forever - The body goes into shock and literally doesnt know how to process the food/nutrients because it's never been able to do it properly. It's got to re-learn everything about digestion and nutrition and how to handle it.

You would think we would all turn into supermodels, but unfortunately I used to be a model, and I got what they call the "5 month pregnant belly" reaction. I was probably riddled with candidaisis anyway, so I'd gained some weight but it was properly distributed. When I got off the gluten, I swear it was like a real pregnant looking belly - TOTALLY not my body type! I would sit on the forums and just read and cry and read all the crying and cry some more. Such sadness in these situations, but the GREAT THING IS IT WILL EVENTUALLY GET BETTER! :) They now say it can take up to 3 years for the body to regulate, but at 1.5 years I am now starting to get my normal shape back - FINALLY! I am so excited to say I think you are going to be the supermodel type, Steph, so get ready for some well-deserved retail therapy soon!

Thank you for reinforcing the cheese thing. I know I would have probably gone a whole other year feeling great but feeling like Hell as well, and just be completely in denial. It's like if I dont feel like I have gastro symptoms, then how could it be cheese? Well, I guess it's like gluten in that some people had the gastro symptoms, some did not. I didnt so that's why it's taken me 20 years to get to this point. We are lucky because many people dont find out until they are 60 and have been abused, poked, prodded, and even dissected (multiple surgeries and organs unnecessarily removed!) by MDs before they find out gluten is the culprit.

I honestly suggest any of you reading this, think about cutting out gluten for just two weeks and see what happens. You might find what you think is candida or parasites or whatever is really just government brainwashing and food manipulation in the form of our trusty food pyramid - "EAT LOTS OF BREAD"! More like "EAT LOTS OF DEAD"! Eventually I'll find some really neat articles (they are really well hidden) about "Bread Madness" from the mid 20th century and I will post them here. I have read stories about people even getting labotomies because their reactions to gluten made them seem and feel COMPLETELY INSANE! While lucky I didn't have the gastro symptoms - I was WELL-STOCKED in the INSANE SYMPTOM department. Off the Bread, no more madness.

Good luck to all and HEALTH & WELLNESS IN 2013! XXX

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.156 sec, (3)