CureZone   Log On   Join
WHAT'S ALL the FUSS ABOUT?

Views: 4,662
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 90,478

WHAT'S ALL the FUSS ABOUT?

This seems like a simple and very reasonable solution to a problem that has persisted since I've been around...which, you can tell by my number, is a long time. There need not be any finger-pointing and singling anyone out. If someone has a forum and is promoting their products, what's the big deal with some sort of indication that there is a commercial aspect to the forum? I have seen several posters comment that they thought this was a non-commercial site and surprised by all the sales pitches. At least this would keep people informed...and keep CureZone honest!

Is it a perfect solution? There's no such animal! But this seems to be the best I've seen thus far.

Funny...when I first appeared on CureZone I was nearly run off because I was challenging a forum sponsor (altough it wasn't an Ask So-n-So forum) for some of his 'advice' and for promoting his products. Of course, they cured EVERYTHING imaginable! He provided lots of information and was offering 'free' individual consultations, but these were nothing more than a means of plugging his goods. I took the brunt of a brutal flame war against me. (I came home from work one day and was barraged with a flood of nasty, hateful posts and emails, and was so shocked I sat dumbfounded staring at my monitor...not pleasant!) But when people started posting about his 'protocals' of excessive products not working and when others posted the prices they were paying for his products on a monthly basis...the gig was up! This sort of thing could be prevented or at least minimized if there was a way of distinguishing the commercial from the non-commercial forums.

BTW...this same forum sponsor had a slew of posters who would pop up out of nowhere and launch an attack upon anyone who raised issues in this forum or offered alternative suggestions. And curiously, this forum sponsor maintained his own commercial website and had his own message board. BUT it was closed to anyone but his customers. I suspect these customers were notified of these challenges on CureZone and came to CureZone to circle the 'enemy' in the hopes of driving them off. I have seen a similar phenomenon occur on other commercial sites where new posters suddenly appear to support their 'beloved forum sponsor'...much like cult members will support their 'guru'!

And I'm not run off easy!!! ;)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.172 sec, (2)