CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: adrenal exhaustion and insomnia

lusty22 Views: 29,407
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 555,230

Re: adrenal exhaustion and insomnia

Megan, thankyou so much for responding. It means more than you can know. I am so tired of people looking at me funny when i tell them I am sick and they ask what is wrong. When I say adrenal exhaustion they usually have never heard of such a thing. I feel like it is one of the worst things to go through because it is such a hard cycle to break, you need rest but can't sleep. The anxiety part is really the worst for me though as it leaves me feeling so desperate. It is also depresssing because I get scared wondering when I will recover. To hear you say you feel so much better makes me happy. I am going to an RET Therapist next week. I am not educated as to what this means except that my iridologist highly recommends her as she releases pent up emotions that can cause illnes by staying in the body. She said the adrenals hold a lot of stress. It is certainly worth trying. As for the drugs you went on I wondered if I could ask you a couple of things. I did see a regular Dr. who prescribed ativan to cut the anxiety, but her first choice was zoloft. However I was scared to take it as I was on Lexapro 2 years ago and I hated it and got off it within a very short time. My sister was on paxil and had a hard time getting off. So antidepressants scare me. Your experience with Zoloft seems positive. I was wondering if you had any side effects from it and if you were able to get off it with any trouble? Is xanax like ativan? Does it just relax you? And as for sleeping pills my Dr seems hesitant even though I would have liked them. She said the ativan should help me sleep as it is relaxing. Sometimes it helps and other times it does not. I just don't want to get addicted to anything, but at the same time I will do whatever it takes to give my poor adrenals the rest they need to heal. I again thank you so much for taking the time to write. by the way did you see any natural drs in your recovery? And also did you ever get a saliva test showing your hormone levels like cortisol, etc? Leslie

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)