CureZone   Log On   Join
adrenal exhaustion and insomnia

lusty22 Views: 43,031
Published: 19 y

adrenal exhaustion and insomnia

hello, I am new to this forum but have sufered from poor adrenal function for quite some time. In fact I have most likely had adrenal fatigue for years, but now I am in full blown adrenal exhaustion. I do not think some people understand there is a difference, but there is. Adrenal fatigue is when the glands are tired but over working, they are not up to snuff, but are still producing hormones, although it is many times erratic and not a normal output which is the very reason this syndrome leads to adrenal exhaustion. Now some of my adrenal hormones are low and i am suffering the exact opposite symptoms that I suffered as adrenal fatgue. the fatigue usually leaves you tired, craving sweets and stimulants, excess cortisol around the middle which leads to a fat tummy, weight gain and difficulty losing weight, pms, mild depression, a general feeling that something is wrong but not sure what, immense sleepiness during the day and periods of isomnia, especially at certain times of the month, and constipation. Adrenal exhaustion has lead me to the opposite. I have suffered from intense anxiety, panic attacks, unstable blood sugar,nausea, diarhea, insomnia every night, severe weight loss(20 lbs in a month) and shakiness, muscle weakness, hot flashes, heart palpitaions, loss of appetite, nervousness, fears and phobias, chills, severe depression. Some of these symptoms are the same as the fatgue but intensified. I have given up all coffee and white Sugar and flour. I have no desire to eat so this has not been hard. I believe some of these symptoms go with the low blood sugar, but I can't get that under control until I strengthen my adrenals, and if I can't eat regular it will never heal as it is such a viscious cycle. My worse time is at night. My body will not relax. It seems as if I am stimulated and I begin having the very fast heartbeat, hot flashes, anxiety, my mind will not shut down, my gut clenches, and I can't sleep at all. This seems to peak between 5 am - 7 am, and I arise with a panic attack, nausea and diar. I have tried eating protein before bed to calm the blood Sugar problem, and even though that is part of it, it is not all of it. Melatonin does not aid my sleep and I can't find anything natural that overrides what my body is doing. i am at the mercy of my body and I know that if i can't rest my adrenals will not heal. I am taking a regimen of supplements. I am on adrenal extract, vit c, essential fatty acids, some herbs and minerals, b complex, and I was on isocort but stopped it as I have a visit with a naturopath and he will be doing the saliva testing. the isocort will throw the reading off so I have to quit it for now, which is actually fine with me as I did not like the idea of taking cortisol until I know that i am low on it. I had already seen another naturopath and she said I did not need the saliva test which i found silly. I want to know exactly which hormones are low or high, how else can I treat myself? I have seen a real doctor only to get a prescription for ativan to help me get over the hump but that was such a waste as she took blood work only to test for thyroid. Of course my thyroid is off, as the adrenals effect every single gland. Why don't drs recognize this? it is like they want to start in the middle and it needs to be addressed from the begining. fix the adrenals and all the other glands will fall into place. It is like a domino effect. anyway i bore with her to get the prescription and so far it has not done much for me. I hate to take a chemical, but even my natural dr said sometimes we have to as you are in a crisis. so i realize this is long, but wondered what someone thought about my nights and if anyone else has this panic and anxiety. I have also seen a iridologist and she is very good. she herself suffers from addisons disease and has it under control with herbs and all natural remedies, so she was a blessing to speak with. If anyone can please identify with the night thing, or any input, i would be so grateful. lusty22

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.098 sec, (2)