CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: adrenal exhaustion and insomnia

megghill01 Views: 30,005
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 555,227

Re: adrenal exhaustion and insomnia

Hello-

Wow, you sound like I did last summer. I had extreme adrenal exhaustion. I had such bad anxiety attacks I didn't leave my apartment for a few days and my parents had to come and drag me out to a shrink in my P.J's. I'm doing soooo much better but still am not 100% better. I'll tell you what made me better if that will help- I'm sure you could use some support as I did!!! Well, I was put on zoloft 100mg for my anxiety and insomnia. I took xanax for my anxiety (public, social) as needed and then a sleeping pill as well. I normally wouldn't have gone the western medicine route- I usually do holistic treatments but I needed help fast! After going on the zoloft I wished I had gone on it years ago. I had been suffering from insomnia and anxiety for a long time due to being an over-achiever type A personality- several unhealthy relationships, college courses, traffic, work, money- etc. I think the constant lack of sleep and worrying finally caught up with me. The zoloft helped me not worry about things as much, the sleeping pills helped me sleep, and the xanax made me get through work. I only did the sleeping pills for a few months and the xanax as well- I think they helped my adrenals recover due to allowing me to not stress and sleep. I also took vitamins and an adrenal cortex. I went to a therapist which really uncoverd the root of my anxiety and depression. I ate very healthy and gave up all sugar- alcohol, drugs, etc. (by drugs I mean coffee, cigarettes). I made to sure to break all negative relationahips and surround myself with supportive, mellow, positive people. I went to bed by ten everynight. I ate a small snack before bed w/protein like cheese and crackers or toast w/peanut butter. I would wake-up in the middle of the night a lot w/anxiety attacks so I would write in my journal about how my treatment was progressing. It took a while for me to get better. I had to quit my job and get a loan to pay my rent- I was just sooo tired. I had dark circles under my eyes and my face looked sunken, drawn. I was skinny. I slowly got better. I am almost back to myslef now- I have a full-time job and roomates and moved to another town. I can now handle stress again. It taught me how tough I am and made me really independent. I hope this has helped you a little- just know you will get better even though it feels like you won't- you will!!! You are strong.

Megan

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.093 sec, (2)