CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Doctors recognize adrenal fatique

natway Views: 5,910
Published: 10 y

This is a reply to # 2,219,129

Re: Doctors recognize adrenal fatique

Not sure what that article is supposed to tell me as it doesn't mention adrenals or cortisol. It does support my side by reaffirming that women get hypothyroid more than men.

So if I may ask, where do you get your claim that "AF" is now just a term to describe cortisol patterns?

The originator of the "AF" theory, Dr. J. Wilson, says "AF" is when the adrenals wear out and can not produce enough hormones, similar to how the pancreas can wear out from overuse and thus stop making enough insulin. He then sells unproven supplements he claims can "rebuild" the adrenals--that should be a red flag by itself--but most of those "adrenal buidling" formulas on the market contain stimulating compounds, so those supps are basically an expensive form of coffee.

I'm just saying that the adrenals don't wear out as Dr. J. Wilson claims and a big piece of evidence to this is that everyone who has the symptoms listed for "AF" complain of having high-cortisol readings at certain points of the day, which doesn't seem like that could happen if the adrenals were worn out, but does happen when healthy adrenals respond to the body being in a state of starvation:

Factors generally increasing cortisol levels
- Anorexia nervosa may be associated with increased cortisol levels.
- Severe calorie restriction causes elevated baseline levels of cortisol.

//www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2113968

The longer people think there is something wrong with their adrenals in the case of so-called "AF", the longer it will take then to get better because there's just nothing wrong with their adrenals.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (1)