CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: anyone take out their own IUD?

lisofby Views: 29,044
Published: 10 y

This is a reply to # 876,876

Re: anyone take out their own IUD?

YEAH, I did it this morning (30 minutes ago), basically because i'm shy of having people look at my ....lily.
i was feeling bloated and i've put on 10 kg in one yr, and i think more (but was not weighed prior to that point) in the 6 months prior.
i am vegetarian (for ~20 yrs), gluten free (for months) and attempting Sugar and grain free (not perfect i will admit) and am not budging a pound. i am fed up.
so i woke up and thought, "right! if kim bearman can do it, so can i!"
and i googled, and i read and thought, why not. husband is home, it's saturday morning, he can take to the doctor, if need be."
at first, i lay down on the couch, felt something weird, like a lumpish polyp, which i think was the iud behind some flesh. i couldnt find any strings. i tried squatting, i tried kneeling. no luck. i washed my hands, and went to the toilet.
i felt the vaginal wall, and felt something, that turned out to be a string, coiled up. i gently got a hold of it, and i tugged, i got a bit of pain, so i slowed down and pulled more gently, and in seconds, yes it was out.
i only paid mates rates for the insertion (as my husband is a dr), but i wouldnt like to be charged $200-300 that some report for the removal!
i had some burdock tea beforehand, and took some ibuprofen after, but it is way less than the cramping i had after the insertion.
everyone should do as they feel fit, but in my opinion, if you can remove a tampon (and i had some earlier removal experiences much, much more painful and scary than this), you can do this. if it is stuck to the uterine wall, you should want it out anyway, right?
so if you want to try, be gentle, and if it doesn't work, see your dr or nurse.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.107 sec, (1)