CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: anyone take out their own IUD?

vulondra Views: 143,967
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 876,876

Re: anyone take out their own IUD?

I had my mirena placed in 4 months ago. I had problem after problem. When my doctor put the mirena it was very painful. He thought he had a straight shot into my uterus, but instead he was hitting the back of my uterus. I passed black chunks of skin for several days.

I had:

Heart murmurs worsened
Headaches
Mood swings
Irritability
Fatigue
Spotting almost every day
Depression
Anxiety
Loss of sex drive
Didn't want my husband to touch me any more
Hair loss
Cramps
The strings always poked my husband during sex

After putting up with this horrible thing, I decided it was coming out. Thanks to everyone who posted before. After reading your posts I decided to do it myself rather than have my doctor do it.

I inserted my thumb and index finger and grabbed the strings. I pulled slow and at one point my fingers lost grasp of the strings, but I knew I moved it out of place because the strings were longer, so I grabbed and pulled again. This time I felt pressure and out came the mirena. It was pretty painless. I was having some light bleeding before I took it out, and I didn't have any more after taking it out.

I am so relieved to have it out. My cramps are already better. I would never recommend the mirena to anyone.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.org

0.096 sec, (1)