CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Anyone take out their own IUD? Yes!

Views: 155,900
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,668,892

Re: Anyone take out their own IUD? Yes!

Of course legally a layperson should never suggest the undertaking of a medical procedure by someone untrained in said medical procedure.

That said I removed my Mirena myself and I never looked back. There was some slight discomfort due to the fact that I really had to reach to get a grip on the damn slippery strings. I pulled gently on them once I got a hold, I moved very slowly, ready to stop once I felt any pain or resistance. After an inch I felt some resistance but no pain. I proceeded still slowly and steadily. Before I knew it the IUD was out and in my hand.

I had some mild cramps afterward and some bleeding, similar to a regular period, just slightly longer.

When I first had it placed the IUD seemed nice enough, then came the cramps. Horrific cramps comparable to the contractions I experienced during labor with my two children. I am no wimp when it comes to pain and these cramps left me with pain radiating down my thighs to my knees. I would curl up and cry on the couch until they were over. Also, I lost half of my hair 7 months after I had the IUD placed, not fun. I had to serve an eviction notice on that damn infernal device and I researched the removal procedure instructions. They equated to this: (Paraphrased) Grab strings and pull slowly until extracted.

If you have the cojones and the good sense to seek medical assistance if something goes very wrong, remove it yourself.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.org

0.285 sec, (1)