CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Is it right to disclose abuse?

sparque Views: 7,230
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,093,498

Re: Is it right to disclose abuse?

Well...what a difference a day makes. I broke down and saw a psychiatrist. I walked in and just opened up. I figured, why do the game thing, tell only small parts, etc. After an hour and a half session, I think he was a bit overwhelmed with my kids...since his practice is mainly white, middle class and up....where I work....affectionately known as the ghetto.... section 8 housing, multiple families in an apt. Lots of gangs, drugs, all the fun stuff you find in the inner city...
After talking, telling him what I was feeling, thinking, going through, he did some assessments, went through some steps...etc and he made a decision to try some meds and some talk therapy...
one day on the meds...while too soon to tell...maybe some placebo effect...but for half the day, I felt tons better, had a better connection with my kids, felt more in control. Even after a group session with my kids...and the issues of abuse popped up again...I didnt feel that overwhelming sense of sadness and despair...who knows....maybe the me I want to be is going to come out.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.438 sec, (1)