CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Hormonal acne - and our DIET---Thank You!

goingnatural Views: 17,928
Published: 21 years ago

This is a reply to # 9,701

Re: Hormonal acne - and our DIET---Thank You!

Well I tried the freeacnebook.com diet for 3+ weeks & although my skin was softer in texture, the Acne did not stop appearing or heal any quicker. I stopped using harsh cleansers (i.e. Cetaphil)that cause your skin to over-produce oil (in response to dryness).

Audrey - have you achieved any results on that sugar-free diet? I tried that in the spring & had some results but I was also using Retin-A & a sulfur-based prescription ointment at the same time.

My next plan is writing up my case study with all of my treatments and mixed results, and finding a reputable endocrinologist to take up my cause. To me, having Acne means that something internally is out of balance; I simply will not accept that there is no cure.

I want to have extensive tests done on various hormone levels & with those results, try to find a natural approach to normalizing whatever is wrong internally (adrenal/ovary/pituitary/etc).

There is a NY-based doctor at hormonehelpny.com who specializes in female hormone disorders (including acne), but I;m skeptical about the long term & side effects of taking Spironolactone to regulate hormones.

Does anyone have other suggestions?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.153 sec, (1)