CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: My experienec with Diane35

Karen Views: 19,840
Published: 21 y

This is a reply to # 9,487

Re: My experienec with Diane35

I'm a Canadian who has been taking Diane 35 for over 5 years.
I find the drug clears my skin, gets rid of the sebhorea (greyish oily tinge to skin), evens out redness, reduces body hair, and causes a slight increase in breast size (for me a good thing). The reduction in body hair really kicked after the first year and a half though so be patient. Due to recent media reports on suppposed increases to the risk of developing thrombosis (blood clots) my doctor got scared and suggested I switch to Alesse. Then my dermatologist showed me some faxed letters from several Canadian medical associations who were responding to these reports by saying that the increased risks for people on DIane are the same risks caused by any combination birth control pill such as Alesse. If I believe that then there is no point to downgrade to Alesse give the superior benefits of the anti-androgens in Diane35.
I suspect I may have polycystic ovaries syndrome (I read an Australian study which said that over 70% of Aussie women in the study who suffered from adult Acne and excessive body hair had PCO). Unfortunately the ultrasounds I had done on my ovaries showed nothing. In any event the medication prescribed for PCO is Diane 35.

Since Acne is hormonal this cleansing thing doesn't seem to have any logical link to curing acne; however, I'm sure there are a lot of things no one know about acne. Lastly, since whitehead are caused by a build up of skin cells if you still get them and you're on Diane you need to exfoliate more and wipe away the dead skin cells. And if you use a topical which causes you to flake up you need to get rid of the flakes or your skin will erupt.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.139 sec, (1)