CureZone   Log On   Join
Should I be concerned about Crystalline silica?

Views: 16,902
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 749,350

Should I be concerned about Crystalline silica?

Q. "What is the difference between your product and what OSHA is talking about below?* I just purchased your product [Silica] at Whole Foods... Do I now have to be concerned about my health?"

* U.S. Department of Labor
Occupational Safety & Health Administration
Safety and Health Topics:
Silica, Crystalline

Silicosis is a disabling, nonreversible and sometimes fatal lung disease caused by overexposure to respirable crystalline silica. More than one million U.S. workers are exposed to crystalline silica, and each year more than 250 die from silicosis. There is no cure for the disease, but it is 100 percent preventable if employers, workers, and health professionals work together to reduce exposures.

A. This is a good question, which we get asked frequently. Crystalline silica is silica dust. If you are working in an environment where there is a lot of silica particulates in the air and you inhale it you may create problems for your lungs which could lead to cancer. In reality, if you inhale anything into your lungs other than clean air, you stand the chance of creating a significant lung problem. Smoking is a perfect example. Driving on a crowded freeway is another example. We are not designed to obtain our nutrients via our lungs but rather from the food we eat and the water we drink. Specific vocations expose people to excessive amounts of silica dust. The people who become affected are those who do not take adequate precautions to protect their lungs.

Silica in its nutrient form in water or food is a normal and natural delivery mechanism. It is an essential nutrient just like carbon. Inhaling excessive amounts of carbon from burning wood will kill one quite quickly and yet carbon is the second most prevalent element in our body.

I hope this answers your question. Drink Eidon silica in good health knowing it is completely safe.

In good health,
Rick Wagner

http://www.eidon.com

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.128 sec, (1)