CureZone   Log On   Join
Does Anyone Have Dentinogenesis Imperfecta?

BlueRose Views: 11,487
Published: 20 y

Does Anyone Have Dentinogenesis Imperfecta?

Does anyone have Dentinogenesis Imperfecta (aka Hereditary Opulescent Teeth)? Supposedly 1 in every 8,000 people have it but the only ones I've met are directly related to me. After years of suffering, going to dentists who refused to extract my lower teeth and trying to convince me to save them by spending thousands of dollars, I finally found one who extracted all but the six teeth in the front. They were worn down to the gums so he just fitted a lower plate over them. This was the solution I kept asking other dentists about and they refused to consider it. The advantage of this is it helps keep the bone from deteriorating. My brother went the route of spending thousands to try and save his teeth and the end he had to get dentures anyway.
Since this condition is inherited, I was grateful that my daughter avoided it. My brother's son was not so lucky. He and my sister-in-law are being taken by their dentist who has the boy in braces! I told them it's not worth it if his teeth are not very strong. So, anyone out there with this condition, unless your condition is mild, please don't spend money trying to save your teeth, it's not worth it.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (1)