CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Does Anyone Have Dentinogenesis Imperfecta?

Views: 10,944
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,084,025

Re: Does Anyone Have Dentinogenesis Imperfecta?

dixiekitten---Here's my two cents--please, please, please!--save your money! Caps don't work for people with dentinogenesis imperfecta! I've had caps in the past and eventually, the tooth under the cap decayed and had to be pulled. As a teen, I had my 6 front top teeth capped. I was in an accident which knocked out the caps and at that time, it was discovered that the teeth underneath had deteriorated down to the gum line. They had to be pulled and thus, my first plate. My brother also has the condition and over the years has spent a fortune trying to save his teeth only to end up getting them all pulled. Dentists will lie to you and tell you that they can do all these expensive procedures that will save your teeth. They don't listen when you tell them it won't work. As an adult, one by one I had to get most of my teeth pulled as they decayed and/or crumbled. Worse yet, I went from dentist to dentist asking them to pull my remaining lower teeth and they would refuse. Their reason was that the bone in the jaw will gradually deteriorate without teeth in place. Finally, I found a dentist who left my remaining lower teeth in (they were worn down to the gum) and fitted a denture over them.

So---my point is--no matter what you do, the teeth will eventually have to be pulled, sad to say. With your son, just take him for regular cleanings and if he needs fillings, get the teeth filled but do so knowing that eventually, the tooth will crumble.

I wish I could give you more hope--I'm so sorry! In my case, when my daughter cut her first tooth and it was white, I just about cried tears of joy! Fortunately, my grandchild has also avoided the problem.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)