CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Battling Bacterial Vaginosis

BVfreeFinally Views: 179,759
Published: 14 y

This is a reply to # 1,690,584

Re: Battling Bacterial Vaginosis

Look im 19, ive had BV since I was 14 years old...I hated smelling myself whenever I would get up from my desk because I knew everyone else could smell it too. I was recently on two different types on supplements (Acidophillius) to get rid of it, because Metronidazolewould make it go away for like 11 hours, the it would come right back. THEY PUT ME ON THAT CRAP 90000 TIMES BEFOREI STARTED USING NATURAL STUFF. let me tell you now, the natural stuff does work but only as a cover up... ive douched with alomost everything used the yogurt and anything else you can think of, while it did help with symptoms it did not get rid of the problem. My mom is a doctor so of course she told me to go to a clinic (which i DID NOT want to do), but since I hada chronic case of bv she suggested that i suggest to my doctor going through suppressive therapy (sounds harsh). So i went back AGAIN and metioned what my mom had told me and my doctor said he'd put me on MetroGel (Metronidazole Gel) I had my doubts because of my terrible experiences with "Metro" but I tried it anyway. I had to insert the gel vaginally everynigh before bedtime for 5 nights and then once a week for 3 months then once a month until you run out of refills (you get 3 extra refills and they come with applicators) I've been doing this for almost 2 months and I am completely free of BV!YAY! I set a reminder in my phone for when i need to insert again and its really easy. i keep it right under my bed so i dont have to get up and risk having some of it slide out or aything and i just lay down... it really works. trust me go to your doctor and ask for MetroGel because you have chronic bv that will only get worse the longer its there. ive had it for 5 years and i'd gotten so used to the discharge i used to naturally put tissue down there to keep the discharge from completely ruining my undies (and mask the smell a little) and i would change the tissue everytime i went to the bathroom.... now i have to get used to just wearing bare panties which i am loving btw. and the cool thing about this Mgel (well kinda nasty but to us chronic suffers its REALLY COOL) in the morning when you get up to pee and you wipe yourself you can see (on the tissue) the Mgel pulling out the discharge! it'll make you smile honestly because its like you are first hand witenessing the Mgel kickin' BV's ASS!!! go back to your doctor just once...if you really wanna get rid of it you'll do it.... oh yea and its cheap too at the pharm. it cost $5

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (2)