CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Chronic Baterial Vaginosis -- What I've learned & what's working

H8spharmaceuticals Views: 101,133
Published: 14 y

This is a reply to # 1,675,359

Re: Chronic Baterial Vaginosis -- What I've learned & what's working

Ok so I bought the Nature's way Primacidophilus. I've been using it for four days. The pills have not completely gotten rid of the BV but it has greatly reduced the discharge and smell! What I decided to do was look into natural douches to lower my ph to 4.5 It hasn't been easy. A lot of people are against douching but you know what!? this problem isn't going to get better with magic Antibiotics . My next resort to lowering my ph is buying the Aci-jel that I've seen a few women mention. I've also purchased Jarrow Fem dophilus, something similar to the to the Nature's way Primacidophilus but the difference with the Fem dophilus is there are specific strains that are akin to the good bacteria that lives in our vagina. I ordered it today online and should be receiving it by early next week. I'll come back to report of anything has gotten better. To tell you the truth, everything that I've been learning about BV has given me a step up, each time to finding something that reduces the discomfort of having this infection I notice it has gotten better. I feel like I'm in more control of this infection and I'm getting closer to finding what works for me.

Other things that I've used and still use from time to time:

I douche with 4 oz. of Hydrogen Peroxide 3%. This kills a lot of the odor and removes discharge. However, I worked my way up to 4 oz. of Hydrogen Peroxide. What some women might want to do is start with 1/4 of Hydrogen Peroxide and the rest water. As time goes on, you can increase the purity of the solution.

Warning: Douching with Hydrogen peroxide might burn at first, if that's the case, simply dilute with water. The burning is a reaction to the BV. If the walls are not infect and there is not loose infected discharge, it will not burn...maybe just bubble a little.

I've started drinking a multivitamin to help boost my immune system. I still do this every day.

I insert one Lactobacillus Acidophilus tablet or Lactobacillus Reuteri/ Lactobacillus Rhamosus capsule vaginally.

I still eat a lot of yogurt.

I have increased my Vitamin C intake by drinking water with lemon juice in it.

I've stopped eating any kind of white flour or pastries as I've learned that only fuels the bad bacteria to live on.

I wear cotton underwear if I have to, if not I'll have no underwear on when I go to sleep. It allows this area to breathe. I do my best to make sure that area stays dry which also helps reduce any unpleasant smell.

I've been experimenting with different types of douches to lower my ph. I've tried:

douching with 1 tsp of white vinegar and water
douching with 1 tsp of white vinegar and 1/2 tsp of baking soda and water
douching with 1 tbsp of lemon juice and water. (this solution actually makes me feel really clean. But that's my opinion. I've read a lot of place that say lemon juice is bad but for me I've only done it once in a day and it really hasn't been bad. There is no burning)

I'm still looking for natural things to try.

Ok, so I think that's about everything I can think of. I'll keep posting to until I find the right combo for me and it might help someone else too.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (2)