CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Animal Protein Linked to Increased Diabetes Risk

Views: 9,982
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,660,458

Re: Animal Protein Linked to Increased Diabetes Risk

On he contrary you stated converting land use from meat to vegetables, etc would produce an abundance of food.
To quote:
"There is simply no comparison between the amount of land and water it takes to support beef versus the same amount land and water it takes to produce an equal amount of nutritious food from plants."

Bottom line, there are simply have no facts to back it up. The analogy I gave is clear, the oceans being a prime food source cannot be replaced by any land based system, which happens to be mostly meat. Remove the ocean as a food source and we're in big trouble. In other words, we're talking the world not some lab experiment or useless analogy about a field of wheat, etc.

It is a wishful proposition oft repeated by greenies with no basis in fact. You ignore the sheer quantity of suitable land required as well as the dietary needs, not to mention the other resources required and cooperating weather.

The reality is that the food industry in this country actually raises huge amounts of product on small amounts of land. If all beef etc is raised properly grass fed, etc then even more land is required or more efficient utilizations. You can remove the grain from the equation as feed and then that land is available, again if grass-fed is the goal. There are plenty of animals that are herded or otherwise farmed on land unsuitable to crops.

So now what's left is a smaller portion of land suitable for crops. Still this is fuzzy math and there is simply no way to feed a world on land based non-meat sources alone. If it were so then how come so many people starve in the world? It's not because of the US, it's because enough food cannot be raised in their own countries due to weather, water and un-suitable crop land.

I don't know what question you we're trying to answer because I never raised one. That said, animal products raised properly, raw milk, eggs, beef, chicken, etc are far more sustaining, assimable and nutritious that any vegetable diet.

But still I'd love to see where you can feed the world with just produce, have them be as productive as now and not starve everyone. If it could be done it would have been done a long time ago. In fact aren't people working 24 X 7 on this very question, that is to feed the world?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.org

0.486 sec, (2)