CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Dyshidrotic Eczema Problem

strawberrry Views: 62,769
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,245,822

Re: Dyshidrotic Eczema Problem

Wow, i feal so sorry for your son, to have this at a young age...=( I got scared when i saw the prednesone. be very very carefull with that as it can cause cellulitice (un sure of spelling) i have been to emerge for the past 3 days getting Antibiotics through
IV's and as you have expierenced, the docs all seem confused as to why the meds they have me on are not working.through the past week all at once i have been on antibioyics, antihystameans,anti inflamatorys, and IVs, also T3's because of my pain...they say that this is the worse case they have seen. I started to cry the last day in emerge because the nurse didn't even know how to spell or pronounce it. It is so frustrateing to go through life with this. I will tell you some info that either you may or may not know. this only effects 5% of all people with exczema, there is no known cure for it, and all doctors are dumbfounded by it. there needs to be more research on this, for something so painfull no one seems to be doing anything about it.
for me, i have to make sure my creams from the stores have no alcohol content in them, it makes them burn like ..well, you know....i've been on clobateasol 0.05 which is strong....worked wonders for a year then stoped working. the only thing i find that makes the pain go away is cold water..and even then, I don't know if I should be doing that,the only next step for me that I know of is also pednesone, and the doc will not put me on it with out a dermatologys's concent. I have read also that foods high in metal content are bad for it..like dark meats, and fish....(iron, murcury) at the same time though, you can't take all iron and stuff away as it causes defishoncies (sorry i'm horrible at spelling) i've also heard that flushing the liver is good for it, i.e all organic food, lots of liquids ect. iron is in other things too though besides meat, like chocolate milk and other things.
I am starting to get it on my feet now which is bad, because this disease can be debilitateing and has been for me both in the past and now. If I find anything at all that seems to work I will post it for you, as your son seems to be close to how bad mine is. I think i would rather cut my hand off then deal with this every year =(
also there is one thing more that can be very bad about it...you can live with it your whole life and it not go away, i truly hope that is not your sons case.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (2)